Here's the scoop.
I'm in college...NOT high school OR junior high and most people would think that drama stops after high school...I wish that were the case. I just don't know what else to do, so if anyone has ANY advise PLEASE by all means, tell me!
My roommate and my next door neighbor are good friends, we got along up until about 2-3 weeks ago. They suddenly decided that they are going to study abroad next semester in Italy. 1. They are freshman. 2. One doesn't even know what she wants to do, she just "wants" to go. 3. They are pretty much broke, so daddy's going to pitch in...A LOT. Anyway, I was totally happy for them. I've always wanted to study abroad...when I was say a junior or a little bit older than just 19. They are both 18 and just kinda do things spare the moment and it's getting REALLY annoying. My roommate and I were planning on living together next fall as well...up until they pulled the rug out from under me and drop this platter of great news on me. I can't get a single room and I didn't want to get another roommate, especially after this. So one of my other good friends and I are deciding to room together, cause my roommate now says she wants to room with my neighbor and I should room with this other girl because it would be better, which is true, but they did this all during the week of reassigning for rooms, pretty much a day late. Well anyway! Now that they are going to Italy next year they're all happy and together and yippy aye yay mother...yeah so they don't acknowledge me or my other friends presence in a room. They stopped eating with us. If I come back from work my roommate will get up and leave the room until I leave...it is so awkward...I hate it!!! Also...they "claim" they are broke...I beg to differ. When my friend and I wanted to go see a movie about a week ago we asked them to come along, but no a 5 o'clock movie is too late and they don't have any money anyway. Okay, if that's what they want. So why did they go get their hair done and spend OVER $100 on just one head of hair?!?! seriously...the movie was say what...$5...ouch! talk about penny pincher...(ok whatever) then they go shopping the other day, just up and leave and come back bragging that they spend $150 in one store. I'm sorry, whatever happened to being broke?? I think I missed something, did they strike gold somewhere on campus and fail to mention that or what? I'm not quite sure. It's not my problem and I shouldn't bother me, but the fact they don't talk to my friend and myself anymore (btw we were GREAT friends during the first semester, but the true colors are coming out evedentally) really trips my trigger. They completely ignore us and we just want to know why. I tried this afternoon to confront one of them about the situation, but she failed to answer me at all. All I've got to say is that this whole "Italy trip" has got to their heads...let's see them make it through the summer, they live a state apart. BUT WHATEVER!!! I'm laughing inside, really I am, because this is jr. high/high school maturity level showing...I know my mentioning this on my blog is immature as well, but I needed to vent...BAD! (as you can obviously see) SO...I ask you...if you have ANY advice...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... tell me! I'd love to hear it! Thanks so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, my advice isn't really very "new." I'd say just ignore them because they don't sound like the kind of people I'd want to be friends with - they don't want to hang out with you, they are being snotty, they gave you crap notice on their plans, and they are lying to you to boot (about their money situation - they could have just said they didn't want to go).
So, I wouldn't worry about what makes them happy, and instead worry about what makes you happy. I don't really understand the whole room situation, or I'd give some advice on that, but I've never lived in a dorm. :)
Post a Comment